Tuesday 3 February 2015

Tea for Tuesday: Twinings Liquorice

Twinings Liquorice Tea
Today's Tea for Tuesday is the Liquorice tea from the "Comforting" range by Twinings. I like liquorice, and the packaging design is quite pretty, so I thought I'd give it a try. The tea is made from 100% liquorice root and, as with all the teas I'm trying, is caffeine-free. However, there is also a warning on the pack about the harmful effects that large quantities may have on those with hypertension, so if this applies to you, it's probably one to avoid.



Quite soon after the water hit the bag, it turned a bright shade of yellow and the sweet aroma of liquorice emanated from the mug. Unlike the other teas I've tried so far, the taste and smell of this one were nearly identical. Unfortunately, although I enjoyed the aroma, the flavour was too sickeningly sweet for me and finishing a whole cup proved challenging. In order to confirm that I hadn't simply over-brewed my first beverage, I made a second, weaker one, on another day, but it made little difference. 

If you're used to having sugar in your tea and enjoy the sweetness, then perhaps liquorice root would be a perfect flavour for you. Personally though, I don't think I'll be trying this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...