Thursday 26 July 2018

101 in 1001: Cat Parade

Paignton Carnival Procession

Last night I participated in the parade, as part of Paignton Carnival, in the next town over. That means I can now cross off the 101 in 1001 goal:

  • 071. Be in a parade/procession

The group I was with was raising money for and awareness about Blue Cross, in particular the rehoming centre that I volunteer at. The centre takes in and cares for stray cats and cats that owners can no longer take care of due to illness, age, change of circumstances or the cat's behavioural problems. However, Blue Cross in general is a charity that has rehoming centres and veterinary clinics all over the UK and looks after not only cats, but dogs, horses and small pets (rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, rats etc.) as well. 

Shaky photo but I like it. I was blowing bubbles at the time, haha

Boop & I


I got to Paignton at about 5pm, because there were prizes for the best groups/floats and the judges needed to see everyone beforehand. The parade didn't start until 7:45pm, so during that time another volunteer and I put makeup cat whiskers and noses on everyone who wanted them and sorted out other things too. (My dress also had cat print on, by the way!)

The procession took us all the way around Paignton and it eventually finished at around 10:30pm. It was a lot of fun and Batman even showed up!






Batman and Batgirl's bike




My friend (who also took all the photos in this post) met up with me again at the end and we walked back to our town via the coastline/beaches. There were a lot of gulls and crows that we loved watching and everything was so beautiful. And yes, I did wear the cat ears and make-up on the walk back too!






Paignton Pier
The moon shrouded in clouds



No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...