Friday 15 December 2017

101 in 1001 - Go to a party

Ticket

Last night, I completed another goal by chance:

  • 068. Go to a party 
That might seem like a strange goal but I was trying to push myself out of my comfort zone a little, as I don't particularly enjoy parties (if I'm with friends, or somewhere with good music, it's fine, but often neither seems to be the case). Usually, I'll turn down invitations or leave very early when it comes to these large merry gatherings, but I decided not to this time. 

It just so happened that the place I volunteer at was having a Christmas party last night. The photo above is the only one I took (though I'm sure there are others somewhere); it's of the ticket, and even though I had number 28, there was around 120 people there in total. I went, had free food  and drink, hung out with people, and danced (to terrible music, haha) until just after midnight. It wasn't so bad. I even got listen to some music in Danish, because some of the people I knew there (who are Danish) got talking to the DJ when we went outside and it turned out he was half Danish, half Irish, and just happened to have a song they knew. Also, I found out about climate change, snowfall and other random stuff in Poland from the taxi driver (talking to people is interesting!), so I learnt a little too.

And that's another 101 in 1001 goal completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...