Thursday 2 November 2017

101 in 1001 - Update: Jack-o'-lantern Faces & Inktober

Jack-o'-lantern Carved!
This is just a little update on my 101 in 1001 list, because even though it's not even at 101 goals I want to achieve yet, I've actually managed to complete two goals from it already. Shockingly efficient! To be fair, these were relatively simple goals, so I shouldn't feel too pleased with myself just yet.

The first goal was:

  • 028. Carve a jack-o'-lantern.
I began by acquiring a rather aptly named "Monster Pumpkin".

Monster Pumpkin
Then came the process of scooping out the seeds and flesh - again, all sounds very appropriate to the Halloween season, doesn't it!

I'll use the insides to make something
Next, I drew on the face with a marker and cut it out with a knife. Initially, it had fangs, but my hand wasn't cooperating at all yesterday (woo for cold pumpkins/days and having Raynaud's), so they were lopped off accidentally - oops! 


It wasn't as elaborate as some of the ones I've done in the past, but sometimes simple is effective, I suppose. You can see it lit, in the dark, at the top of this post.

The next completed goal was:
  • 001. Complete Inktober 2017.
Capture of my Inktober 2017 - plus bonus octopus!
Above are all the drawings I did for Inktober this year. If you want to see a larger version of any of them, they can all be found on this blog under the Inktober2017 tag.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats on completing two goals! Really enjoyed seeing all your inktober pics, and your pumpkin turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~! It was good to have a reason to draw something every day instead of just procrastinating, haha.

      Delete

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...