Thursday 5 May 2016

Photography - Stigmatic Crossing

Cross: 'Made in Italy'
Last week was week six of the Delightful Aberrations photography challenge. I used the prompt of "cross" and, once again, took the photos with a Canon 750D camera.

Cross: 'My Mother Was A Saint'
Technically, the items in the pictures are a crucifix and a rosary, rather than crosses, but both contain a cross.


Cross: 'Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum'

The large silver crucifix and portrait of the Virgin Mary were something that was given out at my grandmother's funeral. She was a very religious Catholic, had a lot of religious effigies in her house, and they were very important to her; I assume this was the reason why the crucifixes were given out at the service. I was unable to attend, as I live on the other side of the world, but the crucifix was sent to me, along with some of my grandmother's personal belongings.


Cross: 'See No Evil'

Cross: 'Nailed'
The rosary is unrelated to the crucifix; in fact, it's actually a piece of merchandise from the supernatural horror film 'Stigmata'. I quite enjoyed the film, but honestly, I just liked the way the rosary looked, which is why I have it. Despite not being religious myself, I do have quite a penchant for religious artifacts and buildings!

If you want to participate in the Week 7 photography challenge, head over to Delightful Aberrations for more information. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...