Tuesday 3 October 2017

Inktober - Day 3 & 365 Days of Art: The Divine Comedy

Inktober, Day 3 /  94. Something based on The Divine Comedy by Dante
This is for Day 3 of Inktober but is also doubling as number 94 (Something based on The Divine Comedy by Dante) on my 365 Days of Art list. It was loosely inspired by the part of 'Paradiso', in which Dante goes to the Empyrean realm and sees a giant rose appear with angels flying around it. All of humanity (eventually including Beatrice) lives within this rose. A blinding light then envelopes Dante and allows him to see God/the Holy Trinity (I only drew the beginnings of the light though). 

It isn't a great drawing and the photograph of it is even worse, but I enjoyed doing it. I may go back and revisit this idea, by way of a better version, one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...