Tuesday 30 December 2014

Tea for Tuesday: Twinings Blackcurrant, Ginseng & Vanilla

Twinings Blackcurrant, Ginseng & Vanilla Fruit Tea
The first flavour that I decided to try for Tea for Tuesday was Blackcurrant, Ginseng & Vanilla from Twinings Fresh & Fruity range. The back of the packet indicated that this particular infusion is "naturally caffeine-free", so that was helpful!


The colour isn't as deep red as most blackcurrant teas tend to be, but watching the orangey red swirls diffusing their way around the cup was still rather enjoyable (or perhaps I just need to get out more, haha ;D). There was a faint aroma of vanilla as the boiling water hit the bag, but that dissipated quite quickly and the tea was quite odourless after that. 

As for the taste, the strongest flavour was undoubtedly that of the blackcurrant at first, before the faintly medicinal, but not unpleasant, smoothness of the ginseng came through. The vanilla merged nicely into the other, stronger flavours and the combination reminded me somewhat of a fruity version of elderflower. The packet also suggested that to add some sweetness, honey worked well, but I don't eat honey so I added a few drops of agave nectar instead. I did like the added sweetness, but it certainly wasn't a bitter tea and so it wasn't really needed. 

Definitely a flavour I'd have again!

2 comments:

  1. Tea for Tuesday is a great idea! I hope you find lots of tasty teas in the process ^_^ I think we have that same tea, it's so tasty ^_^ Twinings 'Moment of Calm' teas are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I have a camomile tea from the 'Moment of Calm' range, but that's it right now. (I got a variety pack, basically, haha). Tea is glorious; I've missed it!

      Delete

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...