Tuesday 13 January 2015

Tea for Tuesday: Twinings Cranberry & Sanguinello Orange

Twinings Cranberry & Sanguinello Orange
This week's Tea for Tuesday is Cranberry & Sanguinello Orange by Twinings. The scarlet red brew looked wonderful against the pale cup (though I didn't quite manage to reproduce the deep red colour in photographic form) and the gorgeous scent of tangy fruit filled the kitchen as it infused.



This fruit infusion tasted strongly of cranberries from the moment it touched my tongue and a pleasant, citric hit followed shortly after. I was worried that it might be slightly bitter, as sanguinello oranges can be, but it remained at a pleasant level of acidity. The only complaint I have with this particular flavour is that, although the orange tastes pleasant whilst drinking, the after taste continues to become stronger after finishing, almost to the point of being overpowering and tongue-numbing. However, I should point out that I'm very sensitive to citrus fruit, and so that might not be a problem for anyone else.

I'd like to try this tea again, but I don't think it's one I could have regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...