Tuesday 16 February 2021

011. Make 10 meals from recipes you've never tried before

 1. Green Curry


The first dish I made was green curry (it was a lot more green than it looks in the photo). It's originally from Thailand (though I know this version is probably nothing like the original, other than the sauce ingredients) and is made predominantly of green chilis, coconut milk and shallots with other herbs/spices/flavourings added. When I was a teenager I used to work in a shop where this was sold under the name Thai green curry (the Thai name is แกงเขียวหวาน, which literally just means 'green curry') but I never tried it back then.

Apparently you have to make the curry sauce a day in advance to let the flavours develop, so that's what I did, but it doesn't take that long. You add vegetables to the sauce - I chose to add them after cooking everything separately, but that isn't generally how they do it in Thailand. Since I made this for two other people as well, I had to change the kinds of vegetables to ones they like. Really things like spinach, aubergines and courgettes would have been better, but I didn't have that option. I also had to use less chilis in the sauce for the same reason.

It tasted good, but I think I'd like to make it just for myself one day with the right ingredients, using the right cooking methods too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...