Monday 9 June 2014

100 Happy Days: Day 18 - The Last Lion

Percival
The first time I traveled across the Channel to France was via Dover, aboard a ferry. I spent most of the journey above deck, sitting with friends and watching the last portions of land leave sight before being replaced with a deep, turquoise blue. Below deck there was a cinema, restaurant, resting facilities, and various small shops and, on a wander around this lower floor, I happened upon a solitary little lion, sitting alone in a box that was clearly once full of other toys. His head was slumped downwards, his bow was crooked, and he looked thoroughly depressed. So I bought him, named him Percival, and he returned home with me after my trip. As you can see from today's photo, he continues to live here, but he looks much happier now - quite fitting for the 100 Happy Days really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...