Tuesday 10 June 2014

100 Happy Days: Day 19 - Mechanical Cliff Carts & Rock Pool Beaches


On the 19th day of my 100 Happy Days I went to the Babbacombe Cliff Railway and the surrounding bay / beaches below and spent the evening walking coastal paths, listening to the gentle lap of waves and distant whir of cable mechanisms. The funicular railway runs up and down a cliff side towards Babbacombe Bay, Torquay, enclosed by the Babbacombe and Oddicombe Beaches. It first opened in 1926, but has undergone several refurbishments since then, the last of which was in 2007. I didn't take a camera with me, as it was something of an impromptu visit, but the photo above is a postcard from a shop on the beachfront.

2 comments:

  1. Funicular railways are awesome ^_^ Especially awesome when they've been going for a zillion years lol. Your blog makes me want to visit Torquay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! ^.^ Also, you should visit Torquay! We have beaches and er...other things, haha.

      Delete

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...